Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HimAndHer
Level 7

HDMI extender cable died

We have a HDMI extender cable that has died.  It is the cable as it does not work with any of our 4 Stick+ (3810x) or any other HDMI devices.  My question is if there is any warranty on these from Roku or is it just another "oh well, go buy another one somewhere" corporate customer service job?  The cable has been in use under 5 months.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: HDMI extender cable died

Maybe they'll give you your money back ...

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
HimAndHer
Level 7

Well, the cable was free so I don't think so.  Just looking to see if they will replace it or if I have to replace it.  I am one of those people that expects products to actually work, and if they don't, then how does the company respond?  Do they help, try to make it right, or just say screw you-buy something else.  Thanks for playing, though.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

You haven't been around here before, have you?  :-)  Try sending a PM to @RokuDanny-R . Personally, I think people put way too much time and effort into getting a free extension cable when they can be had online for a few bucks and you can get it in a couple of days.

0 Kudos
HimAndHer
Level 7

No. this is my first time.  Be gentle!  Thank you for your suggestion on the PM.  And, yes, I have many other HDMI extensions (over 100) in various lengths from 3 inches to 50 feet.  I just want to get what should come in the package already as we all know that the Roku extension they ship costs more to send then buy in the quantity they purchase.  Firestick+ is $10 cheaper & includes a longer, better quality one.  Just sayin'........

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@HimAndHer 

Thanks for the post.

Feel free to try requesting another HDMI extender on our Support page here.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos