Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddfri
Level 7

HDMI cable suggestion? Flashing black

I bought a Bluerigger HDMI cable to run in my new house. There is tube which runs from beside the fireplace to behind the tv (above the fireplace), so the cables are hidden. The HDMI cable bought was a Bluerigger and not the cheapest from Amazon.

BlueRigger 4K HDMI Cable (35... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LJQM3Y?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Well, it made my tv intermittently flash black as described by so many in this forum.

To test the HDMI cable, I found a short Amazon brand HDMI and ran it externally (not going through the wall) for months. Not a single problem.

My wife was tired of staring at a cable being attached outside of the wall/fireplace, so I tried another Bluerigger cable. Same flashing issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should be looking for in a HDMI cable so that I can get everything installed properly with no issues?

Roku Ultra. Samsung TV.

Thanks, in advance!
0 Kudos