Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TAS1

HDMI Extender not working

We recently purchased several Roku Sticks. We requested and received the free HDMI extender so that we can use the Stick on TVs that have HDMI ports close to the wall. We've been using the Roku sticks just fine for about a week. But when we tried to plug it into the HDMI extender cable, we get "no signal" message on the TV. We've tried it with two different extender cables and get the same response with both. But the Stick itself, plugged into that same HDMI port, works great. Any ideas?

32 REPLIES 32
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI Extender not working

IT might be the casing on the extender getting in the way and not letting it seat properly and to make a connection? You might have to get one on your own, since the one they supply isn't compatibly.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DC1978

I have the same issue with my extender that they provided. I need it since my Roku stick overheats when watching 4k streaming.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@DC1978 Thanks for the note. It's likely the the shape and/or size of the HDMI port ingress on the TV isn't allowing the HDMI extender to make full contact with the HDMI port in the TV. The only recommendation I can make in that scenario would be to purchase a different HDMI extender (male to female) that is smaller or fits in your TV's HDMI port better to see if this resolves the issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Servus1
Reel Rookie

New Streaming Stick + no video displays

I recently purchased and attempted to setup a new Roku Stream Stick + with an old Vizio (2007) television.  I've never used one of these devices and so I could use some help troubleshooting.

I connected the Streaming Stick to my TV using the Roku HDMI extender cable and used the Roku supplied power adapter to power the device.  The device blinks white (2 blinks, pause, 2 blinks, pause...etc.).

I have tried plugging into both of my TV's HDMI ports and have selected the appropriate input from the TV menu...but I see no picture.  Instead, the TV displays the message, "No signal detected."

I tried rebooting the Stick by unplugging the device, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging back in.  No dice...  I also successfully tested the HDMI extender cable.  Unfortunately, I do not own another TV for testing.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: New Streaming Stick + no video displays

So your only getting "No Signal" and no bouncing Roku Splash.

Does sound like the HDMI cable is screwy.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/bd-p/getting-started 

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Servus1
Reel Rookie

Re: New Streaming Stick + no video displays

Thanks for the reply.  I've tested the cable by connecting another hdmi device to my desktop computer and it seemed to be working fine.

0 Kudos
jfaltys

I am having the same issue. However the Roku and every other HDMI cable I plug into the TV works fine.  Seems Roku might want to source a different HDMI extender.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@jfaltys I'd be happy to take down your details as feedback to pass along to the team. Please send me a private message with your TV make and model, a description of which HDMI port on the TV that you were trying to connect the extender to, the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side, or located in Settings>System>About), along with the date that you ordered your HDMI extender. I'll follow up with you from there to see if there is anything else we can do to assist. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Clw1

My extender fit snugly and when I turned it on the ROKU logo popped up but it never connected. 

0 Kudos