Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shivba
Level 7

Re: Got a faulty Roku Ultra from Roku store

@jeffrok - I am sure it was defective on delivery as I could never really get it to work on my 1080p TV. I should have returned it within 30 days but kept it around to debug the problem. Finally got around to trying it on my 4k HDR TV. It showed the same problems. Tried swapping power supply as well. No change.

@Miami Son - yes, it has optical OUT. I also looked at the back of the unit for model number AND checked my original receipt. Its not refurbished.

I am hoping Roku will trust a long time customer and honor with a replacement. If not, there are more choices for streaming players to consider.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miami_Son
Level 8

"shivba" wrote:
I am hoping Roku will trust a long time customer and honor with a replacement. If not, there are more choices for streaming players to consider.

I sure hope so. Not kosher to send an outdated unit to a customer that thinks they are buying a new, latest model available unit. I bought a brand new 4640 2 months ago primarily for the TOSLink, but I knew what I wanted and searched it out. Had I simply bought one thinking it was the newest model and got the older one I would be pissed.
0 Kudos
shivba
Level 7

Update - after responding to many questions, and going back and forth with Roku support, they have offered to replace the faulty device. Glad to report that tips from this forum helped. Thanks! 
0 Kudos
shivba
Level 7

I am shocked that Roku has now taken my defective Roku Ultra and they have not sent a replacement - its been 15 days.
As per instructions from support, I returned my defective Roku Ultra in the original packaging with all spares, accessories to the assigned address. I was told a return would be mailed in 1 business day and reach within no more than 5 days. Its almost 2 weeks since the day the unit was delivered to the Roku address. No response. I opened a new support issue - no response.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"shivba" wrote:
I am shocked that Roku has now taken my defective Roku Ultra and they have not sent a replacement - its been 15 days.
As per instructions from support, I returned my defective Roku Ultra in the original packaging with all spares, accessories to the assigned address. I was told a return would be mailed in 1 business day and reach within no more than 5 days. Its almost 2 weeks since the day the unit was delivered to the Roku address. No response. I opened a new support issue - no response.

Contact Tanner via PM.

Send him the tracking info on your return package so he can see when it was received by Roku. Also, give him the RMA number Roku gave you.

He should be able to escalate with that info.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shivba

Thanks for following up to let us know about your experience. I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected delay!

I've PM'd you directly to follow up here, and have reached out to our Support team to ensure that they provide a status update for you as soon as possible. 

Please feel free to PM again if you need any further assistance! 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos