Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlaDuffy
Reel Rookie

Getting passed selecting a language

I am trying to set up my roku express but as soon as I select my preferred language it goes straight back to it. Sometimes it will let me choose my wifi connection but then when I go to put the WiFi password back in it will then go back to choosing a language. Please help. 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting passed selecting a language

@CarlaDuffy 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CarlaDuffy
Reel Rookie

Hello

i have managed to sort this now. Although when ever I try to watch something it goes back to the roku logo. It would seem it’s not connecting to my internet very well although I have many of things connected and not having any issue with them?? 

thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CarlaDuffy 

Thanks for the update.

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into the wall outlet? We would recommend using the latter.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Taylor5
Reel Rookie

This is happening to me too; whenever I choose a language, then network, it updates, shows the Roku logo over and over, and then takes me right back to choose a language. I need help. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Taylor5 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and setup your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Taylor5
Reel Rookie

I have already tried both. When I try to connect via hotspot, it kicks me off of my hotspot, which I've also read is a problem people have had.  I will likely be returning the device and purchasing an Amazon Firestick. 

I am having this exact issue. Took the Roku Stick+ out of the box about 2 hours ago an cannot get past this screen. I have done the factory reset with 30 seconds already. I have unplugged the device for several minutes and tried again. Can you please offer the same assistance? 20200918_152159.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Upstairsloft 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried restarting your router to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, we would also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cipreny72

Serial #S0092033NE92. Model#3930x. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos