Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slepstein
Level 7

Getting back to basic cable from Netflix

Jump to solution

I have a Roku device that allows me to connect my TV from my cable provider on HDMI one I have the Roku plugged into HDMI three. When I turn on Roku to use Netflix it’s great but when I want to go back to basic cable for various cable channels there is no obvious way to do that on the Roku device. So I play around with my  Verizon remote control and it is unclear what I have to hit how many times and what order etc. but after five or 10 minutes it eventually switch it over. Help the earth to be a simple one button I can press on my Roku device or on my cable device to make the switch it is not obvious. [personal information removed]

Said you do not publish a direct direct customer service email address or have telephone support. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting back to basic cable from Netflix

Jump to solution

This isn't a Roku issue - it's an issue with your particular TV and the Verizon remote.  Verizon has lots of remotes: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control

There should be a button that's labeled Input, Source, or A/V.  Try one of those buttons to switch between devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting back to basic cable from Netflix

Jump to solution

This isn't a Roku issue - it's an issue with your particular TV and the Verizon remote.  Verizon has lots of remotes: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control

There should be a button that's labeled Input, Source, or A/V.  Try one of those buttons to switch between devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos