Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estermharris
Level 7

Getting Started

My Roku Express must be one of the older ones, I purchased it from Finger-hut and just decided to install it and it comes up in Spanish, tried going ahead and setting it up and now a new problem came up, now it won't take my wifi pswd and I know its correct, I thought this was going to be a simple task, but now I want my money back, how do I go about doing that thru Roku Support or whatever, or will Roku take it back and let me upgrade and pay the difference to upgrade to a Roku that will work.  I purchased this for my bedroom, but the dang thing will not work, I'm now thinking I should have purchased a Fire Stick, only Finger-Hut did not sell those.  I have a bad taste in my mouth since purchasing this item.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Getting Started

@estermharris 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device to see if you can activate and setup the Roku device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos