Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

What you're asking doesn't make any sense.  If you already have channels/apps then it's already linked to a Roku account.  Why would you need a link code?  Channels/apps are specific to each Roku account.  If you're trying to link it to a different account then you'd get a different set of channels/apps.  What exactly are you trying to do?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tcseacliff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem.I purchased a sports package to watch hockey so wanted to link it to my phone but fumbled the mouse and erased the code before I was able to remember it to add it to my Roku page on my phone? everything is working so would not want to mess with the ROKU account? factory reset seems so extreme to link my phone ? so am I now out of luck??

Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tcseacliff

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? The thread you posted in is in regards to link a Roku device to a Roku account. It's possible that you may have posted in the wrong thread.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

if i had the link code to activate the device i'm hoping then maybe just maybe i could get through the setup

0 Kudos
Cgriffit
Reel Rookie

Re: Get a link code on a Roku TV i already have been using

Jump to solution

Can't get a code on my Roku tv

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

What do you get on your TV?  You either get a link code or it asks for your email address.  Are you getting some kind of third experience?  If so, what?

0 Kudos
leesia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I set up an account, and got my TV to connect with the link code when I first got it. Now that I'm away from home trying to unsubscribe from a channel, I need the link code to access my subscriptions. It says that I have no subscriptions on my account without the link code. Yet, they are charging me for these subscriptions with the card on my account. This doesn't make sense! The link code should have stayed on my account when I made it the first time. It is sad that they are making unsubscribing so difficult. It's like they would rather get paid while we are going through a hassle of unsubscribing vs making it easy to unsubscribe from channels. Now I have to wait until I get home to do a full factory set and get rid of all my channels just so that I can get a new link code to access my subscriptions away from home. What a hassle.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

The only time you need a link code is when you first link a new (or factory reset) Roku to your Roku account.  What is telling you that you need a link code?  To unsubscribe from a channel go to https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions .  It will ask you to log in, but no link code is required (or useful).

0 Kudos
Rasputin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I want to link my Apple Tablet - Roku asks for a link code to do that - that’s why I need it again.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You only link Roku devices, not anything else.

0 Kudos