Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Free Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV

Jump to solution

I have a registered free Roku Channel account on my Samsung Q70 2019 SmartTV.  Roku's web interface won't add channels to my account because it won't recognize the TV as a device even though it's registered.  This looks like a bug.  Hey Roku, can you fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Free Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV

Jump to solution

@botsla 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will only be able to add channels on a Roku device or a Roku TV. The Samsung SmartTV allows access to The Roku Channel, but it does not have the capability of adding channels as it is not a RokuTV.

For more information about about adding channels visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Free Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV

Jump to solution

@botsla 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will only be able to add channels on a Roku device or a Roku TV. The Samsung SmartTV allows access to The Roku Channel, but it does not have the capability of adding channels as it is not a RokuTV.

For more information about about adding channels visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Channel app on Samsung tv

Jump to solution

How can I add a channel to Roku channel which is an app that I downloaded on my Samsung TV. This is an app that comes from Samsung Smart TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Channel app on Samsung tv

Jump to solution

@mchance 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos