Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chemcl
Channel Surfer

Flashing banner bottom of screen

I just got a roku express set it up and no matter what channel or if I'm on the home screen I have a banner at the bottom of the screen that flashes. I've tried resetting everything, saw something about the refresh rate set that to whatever the article said. I've set the display type to automatic and I've tried each setting.  Nothing is working. 

Help!!  This is making Mr want to return it. 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Flashing banner bottom of screen

@Chemcl 

Can you post a screenshot of this banner?

May actually be a banner being produced by your TV, and not the Roku device.  Screenshot would help us see what you are seeing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Chemcl
Channel Surfer

I'm not actually seeing a way to attach a photo. 😢 when I click the camera it just gives me things to type in 

0 Kudos
Chemcl
Channel Surfer

Ok i got it!!  You cant see it very good in the pic but...its flashing and its bright. It looks way less bright than it actually isIt looks way less bright than it actually is

AvsGunnar

@Chemcl 

I had to really zoom in but I can certainly see now what you are talking about.  I am assuming you are not seeing this when in Antenna Mode (alternate input).

In order to eliminate as a TV issue, do you have another device you can plug into that same HDMI port (dvd player, gaming device, etc) to see if that same overlay occurs.  Alternatively, have you tried plugging the Roku device into another HDMI port on the TV?  Also, make sure you have your Roku device plugged into the wall outlet for power (rather than TV USB port if currently using), just to eliminate an underpowered device contributing to this video issue.

It does seem like this may be a device issue so try the above things first.  I think device replacement would be my next step if the above does not resolve it.

If you bought it from a retailer, just box it back up and return it if within the return window.  If purchased from Roku, there is a 30day return policy and a 12-month replacement warranty. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

Feel free to post an update or if you need more help.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Chemcl
Channel Surfer

I've had Mt ps3 working just fine in that same hdmi port. I got it through Amazon. 

0 Kudos
Chemcl
Channel Surfer

Oops hit send too fast. I will try plugging the power directly to the wall though thank you!!

makaiguy

@Chemcl-

Your photo shows this overlay on the Roku scrolling screen saver.  Does occur on other display pages as well, or just there?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Chemcl
Channel Surfer

On the roku no matter what app I use but everything else works normally. I've had a ps3 hooked into that hdmi port and it worked just fine so...

0 Kudos
Chemcl
Channel Surfer

Received a new one and so far so good woo hoo!!  Thank you all for your help.