Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mindy084
Level 7

Factory reset and reinstall

Jump to solution

My Roku express asks for a PIN to add channels.  I don’t remember and I can’t log into account.  Can I do a factory reset and reinstall?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Factory reset and reinstall

Jump to solution

You could perform a factory reset and link it to a new account, but that shouldn't be necessary.  If you have access to the email address (from Settings->About) you can reset your password and then reset your PIN at https://my.roku.com/account/pin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

You could perform a factory reset and link it to a new account, but that shouldn't be necessary.  If you have access to the email address (from Settings->About) you can reset your password and then reset your PIN at https://my.roku.com/account/pin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Chbaker
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im in the same boat. I did reset my pin on the website but that is having no effect on my tv, i believe because my tv and my roku computer login are not connected. I inherited this tv when i bought this place. I believe it is tied into someone elses account.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

If you're getting a Home Screen with icons for different channels and a menu on the left then it's already linked to someone's account.  You can perform a factory reset by going to Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset.  <- That's where it is for a stand-alone player; I think it's the same for a RokuTV.

0 Kudos