Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amorak66
Level 7

Extremely Dark ROKU Picture - all ROKU channels

All of sudden my ROKU is putting out an extremely dark picture:  Everything on ROKU is un-watchanle ?  Regular TV setting and picture is fine:  Do these units have adjustment?  Does the ROKU unit wear out after a year or two ?  Any way known to fic this ?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Extremely Dark ROKU Picture - all ROKU channels

The first thing to try is unplugging the power and HDMI cables from the Roku and TV for a few seconds and then plug them back in,  If it's still dark, try a different HDMI input on your TV.  If that fails, try going through the TV's display settings.  If you have another TV, try the Roku on that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
POui007
Level 7

Re: Extremely Dark ROKU Picture - all ROKU channels

I had the same problem with my Roku2 XS.  Everything was so dark I could barely see anything on the screen.  When I went into the ‘Picture’ settings on my TV, the ‘Ambient Light’ setting had been selected and I know that’s not what I had it set on prior to that.  I just went through all the picture modes (Movie, Game, etc.,) until I found one to my liking.  All of the other picture modes were better than ‘ambient’.  I thought the Roku was going down the tubes but apparently connecting it to this particular tv made it go into that specific ambient mode, which has to do with the room lighting.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos