Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed977
Level 7

Re: Express won't restart after update

I have used sticks other than roku in the past haven't had much trouble as this. Bought just yesterday brand new and couldn't get it to run until now. First time turning on, connected to the WiFi and no apps would run fully and would display error codes [Netflix Error Code: UI-800-3] Tried fixing by deleting and reinstalling the apps, trouble shooting as mentioned above but no luck. Thought to have it fixed by a software update and it lead to another dead end. Wondering what the person who created this thread did?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Ahmed977" wrote:
I have used sticks other than roku in the past haven't had much trouble as this. Bought just yesterday brand new and couldn't get it to run until now. First time turning on, connected to the WiFi and no apps would run fully and would display error codes [Netflix Error Code: UI-800-3] Tried fixing by deleting and reinstalling the apps, trouble shooting as mentioned above but no luck. Thought to have it fixed by a software update and it lead to another dead end. Wondering what the person who created this thread did?

Dunno. Sounds like you might have simply got a lemon. Since it's new, I'd exchange it for another one. If the second one has problems, it may be worth digging more. If not, then yeah, you got a lemon. Which was the suggestion made to OP, it seems.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Ahmed977
Level 7

Update:

The faulty roku was replaced with a new one. For the new one I had to activate the device by entering the code and registering my account where as the faulty device had already been activated. Probably this is the reason why it wouldn't update and display error codes. The new device works good! 

Another strange thing, the batteries were already in the remote when I unpacked the previous Roku but not in the replacement - apparently Argos had sold me a used/returned device as new! 
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Ahmed977" wrote:
Update:

The faulty roku was replaced with a new one. For the new one I had to activate the device by entering the code and registering my account where as the faulty device had already been activated. Probably this is the reason why it wouldn't update and display error codes. The new device works good! 

Another strange thing, the batteries were already in the remote when I unpacked the previous Roku but not in the replacement - apparently Argos had sold me a used/returned device as new! 

Yep. That has to be it. It was returned because of issues, it seems, and just put back on the shelf.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos