Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Express stuck on loading screen

I have the Roku Express (3931X) and it is stuck on the loading screen. The word “Roku” is bouncing and making a “loading” sound. It’s been doing this for over an hour. I was mid-episode when this started. I have tried all the recommended solutions, but nothing has worked. I received this at Christmas and it’s frustrating that a new device is malfunctioning already. Is there something else I can do to fix this? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Express stuck on loading screen

@raetae8 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you can setup your device? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos