Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Express infrared remote (no remote setup in settings)

Jump to solution

I am unable to set my remote to learn my TV functions volume, channels and power there is no option under settings for remote set up there is no pairing button by the battery. I believe it is infrared and should have the options through settings and it's not their what should I do? Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 19

Re: Express infrared remote (no remote setup in settings)

Jump to solution

@cecalajj  Thanks for the note. The Roku Express does not come with an enhanced remote that allows you to control your TV's power and volume functions. It comes with a Roku Simple Remote that is only designed to control your Roku device itself. 

Enhanced remotes are offered with the Express+ model (sold exclusively at Walmart), the Roku Streaming Stick (3800) and Streaming Stick+ (3810) models, and Roku Ultra (4660/4661/4662/4670) models. You can see more about the current models available, including their remotes, at www.roku.com/products 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

Does the remote even have buttons for power/volume/channel? The remote I got with my Express is very basic and has no TV options. Even the remote for my Roku 4 doesn't have any.

0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution

@cecalajj  Thanks for the note. The Roku Express does not come with an enhanced remote that allows you to control your TV's power and volume functions. It comes with a Roku Simple Remote that is only designed to control your Roku device itself. 

Enhanced remotes are offered with the Express+ model (sold exclusively at Walmart), the Roku Streaming Stick (3800) and Streaming Stick+ (3810) models, and Roku Ultra (4660/4661/4662/4670) models. You can see more about the current models available, including their remotes, at www.roku.com/products 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos