Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
princesskaren38
Level 7

Express device stuck on the checking connection box

I turned on the device and found my internet connection. I clicked on it and a box popped up that says it is checking. It put a green check mark next to the wireless connection and another next to the internet connection. And it won't do anything else. I can't cancel it. It just stays like that. It was like that for 30 minutes before I disconnected the device and started over. It did the same thing and has been like that for 20 minutes now. Am I missing some vital step? Or is there something wrong with my device?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Express device stuck on the checking connection box

@princesskaren38 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device and then trying to connect your device to another wireless network, such as as mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device is setup, trying switching back to your home wireless network.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rajhona123
Level 7

Re: Express device stuck on the checking connection box

Mines doing the same thjng..I have even rest and same thing happening

0 Kudos