Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barefoot_Suds
Binge Watcher

Error: Wireless receiver not detected

Hi Danny, I am experiencing an issue like this. It says Wireless Receiver not detected and have tried many solutions from online and cannot fix it. I contacted Amazon support and still not working. I cannot PM you Danny because I am a new User. Hope you see this message.

22 REPLIES 22
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Error: Wireless receiver not detected

Hey @Barefoot_Suds

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Are you getting the error message when you access a channel? Does the issue only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please let us know as well all the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Barefoot_Suds
Binge Watcher

Hi, I have just bought this Roku streaming stick 4k 1 Day Ago. This error has occurred since I first plugged in the Roku. After the Roku logo appears and jumps then it switches to Language selection… where I cannot select anything because the error message pops up. It says Error 022. Wireless receiver not detected. Referring to the small receiver on the power cable. Which is weird because the Roku stick is receiving power but is not detecting the wireless receiver which is on the power cable. Anyway, I’ve tried different hdmi ports, tried usb power, tried different outlets, tried switching off for 3 minutes then switching on, tried different monitors, contacted Amazon help centre. They’re unable to inform me of a solution. Please help

Barefoot_Suds
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: How to send a private message when all the links are missing?

@Barefoot_Suds

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick. It can be found at the back of the stick itself. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Barefoot_Suds
Binge Watcher

Re: How to send a private message when all the links are missing?

Hi @RokuKariza-D 

Roku Streaming Stick 4k:

- Model: 3820X

- Serial Number: S08Y419Y2HXK

Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
sidamadi
Reel Rookie

Hi  @RokuKariza-D and @Barefoot_Suds, I have the same exact issue on a newly purchased 4k stick. Any solutions?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Barefoot_Suds @sidamadi

Thanks for the posts.

Have you made sure you are connecting the Advanced Wireless Adapter cable that labeled and comes inside the device packaging? If so, have you made sure the connections of all the cables are firm?

Please keep us posted and we will able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
sidamadi
Reel Rookie

Thanks @RokuDanny-R for the response! Yes, all connections are firm (the LED on the stick is blinking, even when it's not connected to the TV.

0 Kudos
Barefoot_Suds
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuDanny-R , I have just bought this Roku streaming stick 4k 2 Days Ago. This error has occurred since I first plugged in the Roku. After the Roku logo appears and jumps then it switches to Language selection… where I cannot select anything because the error message pops up. It says Error 022. Wireless receiver not detected. Referring to the small receiver on the power cable. Which is weird because the Roku stick is receiving power but is not detecting the wireless receiver which is on the power cable so it is plugged in. Anyway, I’ve tried different hdmi ports, tried usb power, tried different outlets, tried switching off for 3 minutes then switching on, tried different monitors, contacted Amazon help centre. They’re unable to inform me of a solution. Please help