Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Entered Roku email to activate, but do not receive verication. Roku doesn't work.

I'm trying to active a new Roku device on an existing Roku account.  I've spoken to the support chat service and they were not able to help me.  In fact they disconnected our chat when they couldn't solve my issue?  Where do I go for support?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Entered Roku email to activate, but do not receive verication. Roku doesn't work.

Somebody else complained about the email verification not working recently.

Anyways., You should just open a new account. I would from the gitgo.

And delete the old one if youre not using it.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Entered Roku email to activate, but do not receive verication. Roku doesn't work.

I am having this issue today as well. I have three Roku devices and am swapping one out for an Ultra so I can use a wired connection. Everything was going smoothly until the email activation. On my other devices, it would give me a code during setup that I would enter on the website for activation. No issues with that process. I am hoping they're just having a hiccup on their end as my email is working fine at the moment. I will try again a little later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well, I ended up figuring this out. It turns out I was getting the emails. I use Gmail and even though the confirmations did not show up in my Inbox or Spam folder, when I searched for "Roku" I could see them. I do not have Roku emails filtered so not exactly where they are in the Gmail system but a simple search revealed them.

0 Kudos