Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sobountiful9
Level 7

Enabling arc and cec settings on a Westinghouse tv

Can anyone tell me how to enable the arc and cec settings on a Westinghouse tv. The sound bar tells me to enable them but neither one is mentioned when I check the tv settings, and roku HDMI help does not have Westinghouse on its tv list

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enabling arc and cec settings on a Westinghouse tv

A tv has an arc input or it doesn't, look at your hdmi inputs on the back of the tv, if you don't see one marked arc, then the tv doesn't have that feature. And if your tv had cec feature there would be item in the tv menu to enable or disable, or refresh cec devices. If you don't see that then the tv model probably doesn't have that either. 

The first westinghouse models used the Sony tv code, later used the Samsung tv codes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enabling arc and cec settings on a Westinghouse tv

@Tivoburkee wrote:

And if your tv had cec feature there would be item in the tv menu to enable or disable, or refresh cec devices.

This is complicated by some tv manufacturers who don't refer this feature by its generic name HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) but instead use their own marketing-driven name in their configuration menus.  Samsung calls it Anylink+, Sony uses Bravia Sync, Sharp uses Aquos Link, G uses Simplink, Panasonic calls it Viera Link.  I haven't been able to find any info on whether Westinghouse has their own "pet name".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos