Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Email Activation link issues

I received the email from Roku for activation of Roku+ but could not open attachment with link to activation code.  Can I receive the activation code by providing my smartphone number and receive the code by text?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Using text to smartphone to receive ROKU + Activation code instead of email?

@MARBMIL 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried right clicking the link and copy/pasting the URL into another browser to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Email Activation link issues

I am having the same issue. I am setting up the Roku now. But I can get to the email to finish.

Have you figure it out yet? If so can you please advise.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tasha87g 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having same issue. I am not receiving activation code.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lwag 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the Roku model device number, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Activating Device asking for link code none displayed

I have activated a couple of the Roku Premiere 4K devices under my account.   I get the email and click the link and it starts to ask me information and I’m done.  
I just purchased three more of the same device and I enter my email and click submit and it sends me an email and I click on the link and it ask for a link code that is displayed on the TV.   I have no link code displayed at all.   I have this problem on all three devices.   
I have done a hard reset on all three and same thing.  I have also tried to connect them off of my internet to a Moblie hot spot and same problem still exists.   If I change my email address it works.   I need some help I would like all of these devices under one account not multiple.

Thanks,
Richard 

Roku Premiere (3920 series) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Activating Device asking for link code none displayed

Someone else went through this recently and I believe the solution given was to contact @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pozy718 

Thanks for the post.

Can you try copy and pasting the link you received in the email and try it on a different browser to see if that resolves your issue?

If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the Roku model device number, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

[personal information removed]

device id 225076491138  sku#3810RW  SN225076491138   model #3810X

trying to activate new roku device  goes well until it says look at email for activation code.  code is never received

0 Kudos