Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluesjumper
Level 7

Does Roku support wireless audio?

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bluesjumper
Level 7

Re: Does Roku support wireless audio?

Never finished the post.

I have my Roku 2 connected via HDMI to Epson projector. Technically it connects to device that splits the HDMI video (that runs to projector) and the 3.5 mm Audio cable that I can plug into Bose speaker.

Is there any way to cut the chord on the audio, and I'm open to a new Roku device and new speakers/soundbar? Perhaps a Roku with bluetooth dongle that would stream to bluetooth speakers? Open to any ideas.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Does Roku support wireless audio?

@bluesjumper wrote:

Never finished the post.

I have my Roku 2 connected via HDMI to Epson projector. Technically it connects to device that splits the HDMI video (that runs to projector) and the 3.5 mm Audio cable that I can plug into Bose speaker.

Is there any way to cut the chord on the audio, and I'm open to a new Roku device and new speakers/soundbar? Perhaps a Roku with bluetooth dongle that would stream to bluetooth speakers? Open to any ideas.

Short answer: no. No Roku supports a Bluetooth dongle or allows audio out of both HDMI and an alternate audio out (for the few players that have such). Now Roku themselves did release recently some wireless speakers. but it only works with a Roku TV, and I'm not certain if it's only certain models of Roku TV. You can read more about them here.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos