Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fiktje
Level 7

Does Roku streaming stick + works in EU (Belgium) without a convertor (110V-230V)?

Will a Roku streaming stick + work in the EU (Belgium) without a convertor (110V-230V)? I bought my Roku on Amazon when I was in the USA but I don't now if the stick will work at my place in Belgium because we have a different Voltage.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Does Roku streaming stick + works in EU (Belgium) without a convertor (110V-230V)?

The closest Roku I could check is my 2 XS. The power cube for it says 100-240 VAC at 50/60 Hz. That should be fine for the EU. Of course, you still need a plug adapter. Also, don't forget that the Stick (I'm assuming it's the same as my 2016 Stick) power cable has a USB connector on the end, so you could also use anything with a USB jack for power. Just be aware that you could find the USB jack doesn't have sufficient current to run the Stick. The USB 2.0 standard only lists 500 ma of current (and some devices don't have even that much), and that might not be enough for the Stick +. I have seen some TVs with USB ports that don't provide enough power.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Fiktje
Level 7

Re: Does Roku streaming stick + works in EU (Belgium) without a convertor (110V-230V)?

"atc98092" wrote:
The closest Roku I could check is my 2 XS. The power cube for it says 100-240 VAC at 50/60 Hz. That should be fine for the EU. Of course, you still need a plug adapter. Also, don't forget that the Stick (I'm assuming it's the same as my 2016 Stick) power cable has a USB connector on the end, so you could also use anything with a USB jack for power. Just be aware that you could find the USB jack doesn't have sufficient current to run the Stick. The USB 2.0 standard only lists 500 ma of current (and some devices don't have even that much), and that might not be enough for the Stick +. I have seen some TVs with USB ports that don't provide enough power.

Thanks a lot! 
0 Kudos
LittleRC
Level 7

Hi , how did it go ? I am in Belgium and looking into buying a Roku. Please share your experience. Thanks !
0 Kudos