Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Roku express support HDCP? We keep getting error 020.

We are trying to hookup our Roku express to an LG 37LH20 bought in 2009.  Everything worked great on our old set up prior to unplugging and setting up the LG.  We keep getting error 020.  Do we need to get an updated Roku????  We need some help!!!!!!

Brad

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku express support HDCP? We keep getting error 020.

Yes, all Roku players support HDCP. Your TV is quite old, and is only 720p resolution. However, all Roku players support that resolution. You did not specific the specific version of Express you have, as there are now eight different versions of the Express. I wish Roku would stop reusing the same name on different hardware.

To see if your Roku is working properly, you could connect it to a different TV and see if it works. Also, you could try connecting something else to the LG to confirm it too is working. But since the Roku was working properly on the previous TV, it's not likely there's an issue with it. Perhaps the HDMI cable is bad, but my guess is the TV itself is more likely. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Does Roku express support HDCP? We keep getting error 020.

Connect it back to the other TV and manually configure the display to 720p:

Settings/Display/720p

Then do the following with your remote:  Press Home 5x, Down, Left, Up 3x, select "Disable Automatic Recovery"

Disconnect it from the "working" TV, and connect to the LG.

0 Kudos