Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobby2020
Level 7

Do I have to pay for monthly use of Roku?

Do I need to pay for roku monthly or is this only for rent or subscription only if I get it. I heard to have roku is $29.99 a month to use roku ? I only have screensavers themes and free channels but no rental or subscription yet

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Do I have to pay for monthly use of Roku?

[title updated and post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

No, you do not need to pay a monthly service subscription or monthly equipment rental fee for owning a Roku streaming player or Roku TV.

You may be charged a monthly subscription for services, or channels, available on the Roku Channel Store for content and services available with Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel. Some channels must also be purchased or require a paid subscription in order to watch.

For more information regarding monthly subscription or rental fees, please visit our Support page here: Will I be charged a monthly subscription or rental fees?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos