Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display too large

I just set up the new Roku streaming stick+ and the Roku home screen display is too large, the left-hand side of the page with all the menu options is off screen. When I go to regular TV the TV display is just fine it’s not too large the whole picture does show on screen, so this appears to be an issue with the Roku home screen how do I correct this setting?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Display too large

Look for a button on your TV remote that changes the picture size.  It may be labeled like: size, zoom, format etc.

I'm also having this problem and my remote doesn't have that button.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Shanabanana1, just to be clear we're speaking of the TV remote, not the Roku remote.  It may also be buried in the TV's menu some place.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mdvs0328

Re: Display too large on my Vizio TV

The button on my TV remote is labeled WIDE.  I toggled it until the screen "normalized."  Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
Yooper1776

Home Screen The words and icons are much to wait on my home screen. I can’t read either side as they

The words and icons are much too wide on my home screen. I can’t read either side as they fall off the screen. I have followed the hints on the forum but I cannot get it fixed.help!

0 Kudos
Yooper1776

Re: Display too large on home screen

I have changed the format on my TV remote several times, I have rebooted my Roku several times and I cannot get it to correct the format on the  Home Screen. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Display too large on home screen

@Yooper1776, have you tried the options on the Roku available under Settings->Display type?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos