Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Display Type

I'm vetting a message that I didn't confirm the new selection so the last display type is being used.  When I click ok it takes me back to choose 720p or 1080p.  I'm confused and frustrated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Display Type

@BAP 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried factory resetting your device and trying to set the device up again to see if that resolves your issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Display Type

When you change the Display type to a new setting it runs you through a several screens.

• A screen where you can choose from the available options on that device.
  • A screen where it analyzes your choice to be sure your tv supports it, then gives the option of going to that choice if you wish.
  • A screen with a countdown timer and two choices:
        Yes, screen looks good
        No, I will choose a different setting
    The "No" option is highlighted by default.  To keep the screen resolution you have chosen, you need to arrow up to the "Yes" option and click on it before the timer runs out.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos