Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disable advertising

Jump to solution

I bought roku believing it to be advert free but when I watch tv episodes, adverts pop up mid program. How can I disable advertising permanently?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Disable advertising

Jump to solution

Whatever made you think it was all free of advertising? Content creators must make money somehow. Some pay channels like Netflix are free of ads. Some channels showing public domain content are also add-fee, or show limited ads.

Remember the TANSTAAFL principle: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

Whatever made you think it was all free of advertising? Content creators must make money somehow. Some pay channels like Netflix are free of ads. Some channels showing public domain content are also add-fee, or show limited ads.

Remember the TANSTAAFL principle: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I asked when buying and was told it had no advertising. Since then I have rarely used it so I was surprised was all. Its not important just a little irritating having heard one thing and finding another.

Thanks for the reply, have a great afternoon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

Who told you there was no advertising? Salesdrones will tell you anything to get you to buy something.

0 Kudos