Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dkmfan85
Level 7

Different devices sharing the same channels menu.

I have two Sharp Roku Smart TVs. I was setting one up for my daughter and noticed that when setting up channels, the channel list is changed for both TVs. I was wondering if there was a way to make it so this does not happen and each TV has its own independent channel menu. I have channels on my TV that I do not want her to access without my supervision.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Different devices sharing the same channels menu.

"dkmfan85" wrote:
I have two Sharp Roku Smart TVs. I was setting one up for my daughter and noticed that when setting up channels, the channel list is changed for both TVs. I was wondering if there was a way to make it so this does not happen and each TV has its own independent channel menu. I have channels on my TV that I do not want her to access without my supervision.

All Roku devices on the same Roku account will have the same apps. If it add an app to one, it gets added to all devices on that same account. If you remove an app from one, it is removed from all devices on that account.

The solution is: Create a separate account for each device that needs its own catalog of apps.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos