Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Did I call customer service?

call Roku customer service to set up my Roku so I can watch TV streaming apps already owned they still tried to sell me on buying the streaming apps again with them and I said no I already own them I just want to get in to access the ones I paid for already & it be dumb for me to buy them twice and they justhjust up on me being very rude and this was the supervisor 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Customer service sucks

So since you already paid for these Channels, Presumably on a Roku account.

Why dont you just pair it to that account  https://my.roku.com/signin

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I don't have it through them I have everything they're trying to make me buy through the individual provider they refuse how to unlock the Roku stick until I pay over $100 for the stuff I already have they just want me to buy it through them they don't care that I already own the apps through the provider's themself they said well if you want to unlock the Roku you have to buy it through us 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Um... I don't think you were talking to Roku.  Did you do some kind of web search for a phone number?  Roku doesn't have a phone number and it doesn't cost anything to activate a Roku device.  Anyone that tells you otherwise is trying to scam you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

They do have a number during the setup it gave a number for them if I was having trouble

0 Kudos
Highlighted

They said you have to pay a one time & that it's a new thing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What is that phone number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@HeartBreakKid 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It sounds as you may have contacted by a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos