Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scoop
Level 7

Device will not setup

Gone thru setup multiple times. All data in & only blinking device & blinking remote. Now cannot do anything just a no input on lg tv. Need help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Device will not setup

@Scoop 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are you seeing on the screen? What are you doing when you experiencing this issue? Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bigskyblueyes
Level 7

I am having the same problem.  I have the Roku Express.  I have followed the instructions and have a blue light blinking on my roku device.  However, my TV screen says "no signal".  I have tried changing the HDMI ports, plug-ins and new batteries in the remote with no success.  At this time there does not seem to be any signal making it to my TV??? Not sure what to do.

0 Kudos
Budn01
Level 7

Im having the same issue as the person who posted this Complaint about set up. I’ve been using Roku. Premier + 

And occasionally have been able to reset it by unplugging it and sometimes redoing the settings etc.

Anyway, Now Roku will not bring up anything but I kind of a purple screen so I can’t reset it can’t get on wireless can’t can’t get on HMDI I’ve change it out and it’s still won’t do anything. So now what?

bud

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bigskyblueyes 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How is the device being powered? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device? 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging in the Roku device into another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue? 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Budn01 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify what you are seeing on this purple screen? Can you provide a screenshot?

It's possible that you are experiencing a HDCP error. For more information about troubleshooting HDCP errors, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos