Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Re: No activation email received

Jump to solution

@RandellT1 wrote:

I just bought a roku streaming stick plus and after multiple tries no activation email is received. I went into my account and changed the password and received an email confirming the change so I know my email address is good. Is there any way to activate without the email

This should help you.....

I have an update as I have now made more progress and my Roku is now fully activated and working finally. Just in time for the next Formula One Grand Prix. So, I have some feedback and advice for anyone else who say's they do not get the activation email. I use Gmail for all of my email and I kept checking both my Inbox and my Spam folder for this 'Activation email', nothing was appearing. So, the engineer in me after a good night's sleep decided to instead do a search in Gmail to see if I had received anything from Roku and lo and behold there were loads of activation emails, all there waiting to be used. So, can I suggest Roku that as well as saying on the page where you ask for the email address that you also add to do a search for the keyword 'Roku' in their email's and they might just find it.  Mine was not in my inbox, not in my spam folder but somewhere I could not find it and it was only when I did a search for 'Roku' that I found loads of the 'Activation Emails'. So for anyone using GMail/Gmail don't just look in your inbox and spam folder's do a search for the keyword 'Roku' also,....you may be surprised...  

Neil

BEng(Hons) Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran 

'Never a dull moment!!'

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Re: Not receiving activation link for Express 4K+

Jump to solution

@diseffectedme wrote:

I have a Roku account already and know the email I am entering is the email my account is under. However, no matter what I try (every troubleshooting option I’ve read or heard), when I attempt to set up this Express 4K+ I don’t receive the activation link.

I’ve tried checking every possible folder and generally searching for the email.

I’ve tried restarting and resetting to factory settings.

I’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in, even tried connecting to my hotspot as opposed to my home WiFi to see if that would work, but no dice.

Does anyone have the answer to this problem?

#RokuExpress4K

Give this a go.....

I have an update as I have now made more progress and my Roku is now fully activated and working finally. Just in time for the next Formula One Grand Prix. So, I have some feedback and advice for anyone else who say's they do not get the activation email. I use Gmail for all of my email and I kept checking both my Inbox and my Spam folder for this 'Activation email', nothing was appearing. So, the engineer in me after a good night's sleep decided to instead do a search in Gmail to see if I had received anything from Roku and lo and behold there were loads of activation emails, all there waiting to be used. So, can I suggest Roku that as well as saying on the page where you ask for the email address that you also add to do a search for the keyword 'Roku' in their email's and they might just find it.  Mine was not in my inbox, not in my spam folder but somewhere I could not find it and it was only when I did a search for 'Roku' that I found loads of the 'Activation Emails'. So for anyone using GMail/Gmail don't just look in your inbox and spam folder's do a search for the keyword 'Roku' also,....you may be surprised...  

Neil

BEng(Hons) Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran 

'Never a dull moment!!'

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos
Joyj

Re: Not receiving activation link for Express 4K+

Jump to solution

Hi Neil!

I tried your suggestion of searching for the KEYWORD "Roku" and have not gotten any emails with an activation link.  I have 7 Roku devices and only started experiencing problems with my recent purchases.  This really saddens me because I have been a loyal customer since 2007.  Oh, well....off to buy more Firesticks.

0 Kudos
k_b

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

After wasting a great deal of time with the same issue of the email not being sent I decided to turn off my VPN on my networks and the email went through straight away.

0 Kudos
Maxfax1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks,

I don't have a VPN. I am not sure what happened to me, but creating a new user with the same email allowed me to get the code.

I have a feeling it was something to do with the original email on the account that I had to change. Even though the right email is showing when logged in, I think it may have been trying to go to the email the account was set up with. Just a guess, at this point.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem. This must be a trend. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @landerson1683

We're here to help!

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Please let us know as well if you've done any troubleshooting so we know what steps we can suggest next. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
garden54
Binge Watcher

Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution

Can the dual Band Router Modem be on either band when setting up a 2nd ROKU device in my home. Must they all be on the same band?  2.4 and / or 5 ?

0 Kudos
Maxfax1
Reel Rookie

Re: Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution

I have one on  2.4 and one on 5GHZ. Working fine for me.

0 Kudos
Swilli

Jump to solution

Is this a reply only to you Tanner?  I don’t want to post my email address publicly

0 Kudos