Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

I have given it till 20.00 pm ght tonight to receive activation code email, I have reset, re-entered multiple times but still nothing, if still nothing by 20.00pm will be cancelling account and returning Roku Express as useless

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

If you did not receive an activation email from Roku after completing this step, you should first check that your email address was entered correctly. Email addresses are not case sensitive, but it is important that an extra letter was not added by mistake, or a period was not inserted in the wrong place.

If your email address was entered correctly and you still do not see an activation email in your inbox, try the following:

• Wait a bit longer: In some cases, it may take several minutes to receive the activation email. Be sure you wait a few minutes before troubleshooting.
  • Check your spam folder: Your internet service provider (ISP) or email client (e.g., Gmail, Outlook, etc.) may block emails from unrecognized senders, placing these messages in a spam (or junk) folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to get the activation email to appear in your inbox.

If the issue is still not resolved:

1. Return to your Roku device and press the Back button back button on Roku remote on your Roku remote. When prompted, try entering your email address again.
  2. If the issue repeats, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

We also suggest trying to perform a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ...
If you are still unable to get an activation code, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

If you are still unable to receive the activation code after following these steps, please provide the serial number/device id of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
seedym
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You've just posted the help page which everyone here has followed to no avail. So it's no help whatsoever. Pretty sad that Roku support just continues to regurgitate the same canned response.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @seedym,

We appreciate your post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue with the resolution previously given, please provide the serial number/device id of the Roku device found from the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

You may also reach our Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
mamamechie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've been waiting for over an hour for my activation code. It appears this is an ongoing problem considering there are 33 pages of folks with the same issue. Nothing you have suggested has worked so for me so here is my SN S07P514KAFL0 and this is a Roku Express 4K+. I'd appreciate your help, Mary.

Jbcstewartfan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

is there still an issue with email activation?

mamamechie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Evidently there is, at least for me. Why, do you have a suggestion?

Jbcstewartfan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We can't activate until we receive the email, correct?

I am returning it if I can't get it working today. 

StuJordan2
Reel Rookie

Re: No Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

I get an email and complete the steps using the link in the email.  When done there I flip back over to the Roku screen and it says Error 001...something about can't reach Roku services or ?

0 Kudos
mamamechie
Channel Surfer

Re: No Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

I finally got the email after 4 hours, posting here and also posting on the Roku Facebook page. I’m a happy camper now and using my new device. 

0 Kudos