Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mooselake1
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

@KenP wrote:

xxxx@gmail.com

Never a good idea to post your email address in a public forum.  It's already been harvested, expect lots of spam to follow

firestickconver
Reel Rookie

Re: No activation code comes to my email. Should I return device?

Jump to solution

Yes, return it and get an amazon firestick.

firestickconver
Reel Rookie

Correction to earlier post

Jump to solution

Gave it another try. I activated it through the email link. there are no codes to enter.

Enter the email address associated with your Roku acct. >Hit continue on tv screen >wait for the email>open email with a regular computer email client( I use Mozilla Thunderbird) make sure to allow remote content( if you use thunderbird you'll know what I mean) >click the activate button IN THE EMAIL. >click continue through all the channel subscription offers> after clicking the last continue button you should see the Roku start populating your channels, done. (may take a few minutes if you already have a Roku account and you are just upgrading)

Note: There are no codes from the Roku device to enter. Didn't even need to be logged into my Roku account.

Don't know if this makes a difference:

I upgraded from a Roku streaming stick to Roku Express 4K+

First attempt was with a Roku Express 4K from Walmart which I returned. the Express 4K+ was purchased at Best Buy>

My Roku Express 4K+ and my computer were on the same network with my VPNs turned off during activation.

0 Kudos
fsmith9009
Channel Surfer

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

I just bought my second Roku Express 4K+. First one set up nice and working great. I did nor receive the link to activate the new device. Device is ready to go but despite requesting the link to avtivate multiple times I have not received it by email. I verified my account credentials including the email address. I see many people have had the same issue. Whats next? Seems Roku support would have some way to contact them but if they have one I can't locate it. Any advice would be welcomed

0 Kudos
fsmith9009
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have not received email activation for the new Roku Express 4K + I just bought. The network and the remote have been set up but I can't activate. My first one set up perfectly. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@fsmith9009

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to receive the activation email to setup your Roku device, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fsmith9009
Channel Surfer

Re: Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution

Danny,

Thanks for reaching out. Ser # is S07P218EFUFK

0 Kudos
CaptTom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How long should it take to get the email?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@fsmith9009

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fsmith9009
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I look forward to hearing from the support team. I never thought this would be such a problem activating a Roku!