Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swilli

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

With all these posts on the same problem, why isn’t there a solution that works

i have tried all of the “fixes” listed on the multiple posts and nothing is working…,still no activation email with multiple factory resets, use of different wifi, use of different email addresses, searches of email for “Roku”….what is the real fix for this?

0 Kudos
mamamechie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I don’t believe there is one. I don’t know why this has to be such an issue. Seems other companies have found a successful way to send codes, email verification, etc. Looks like nobody really cares since this thread is at 55 pages with no answers. It’s too bad because I’m reluctant to upgrade to a newer Roku and am seriously looking at other streamers. 

0 Kudos
SeasonalSnark
Reel Rookie

Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution

After an otherwise seemingly flawless activation, and of course which logging in from a computer on other side of home to give 'payment information', still never got the email to activate the device after 2 factory resets, double checking the email address, searching through email, junk, spam you name it. AND this is with every other single phone, computer, tv etc OFF or in Airplane mode and an excellent wireless signal.

This is even more of a pain in the arse than it was last time I bought a Roku in 2015 even though the technology is 'better.' 90 minutes down the drain on a 4k streaming stick which is going back to the store today. Probably never will try again.

Roku Streaming Stick 4k

LG 32LJ500B

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue with receiving an email activation, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
robofox

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Same problem here -- having a hard time getting the activation email, and when I eventually do, I get no activation code on the TV.

S/N: YJ00EV204702
Device ID: KWA02E204702

Hoping you can help! 🙂

Eric

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @robofox,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We sincerely appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
MeAgain

Jump to solution

Okay, is this Roku thing a scam.  I have the same issue with not receiving activation email.  I just bought the Roku and its brand new, but I cannot activate it because I never receive the emailed activation code.  Another post which seemed to be from a Roku support person asked for information to try to assist, but then came back with, "I have forwarded your info. to our support team, who can hopefully assist you".  Well, darn - aren't you the support team and weren't you supposed to assist?  This really sucks.  I will be returning my Roku stick TODAY and going with another streaming device.

0 Kudos
rklip
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No doubt.   Seems like a good way too in this forum to het people to post their serial numbers and possibly other personal information.   This is crazy.   On top of only one way to activate a device that relies on email correspondence?  Such a fail on a number of levels.

SeasonalSnark
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently, there was some server maintenance or system issue the night I was hooking mine up. The activation email did come through about 20 hours later after I initially tried. Unfortunately the Roku had been returned at the same store I bought it, and I used Amazon Prime to get a prime stick by 9pm the same day. I was able to get it activated in 30 minutes and was able to watch my Cool-flix and Prime in the back room right away. 

Who do I send the bill to for wasting 90 minutes of my time trying to activate the Roku and 30 minutes returning it to the store. That's 2 hours. Roku, I expect to be reimbursed for my time.

0 Kudos
KenP

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos