Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: Activation will not work gone to finish over and over

Jump to solution

Hi @Jamestalexander

Thanks for the post.

We're sorry if it caused any difficulties.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if that resolves the activation issue you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

We also suggest checking the wireless connection.

You may also refer to this link: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

All the best,
Irene

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Not receiving activation link for Express 4K+

Jump to solution

I have a Roku account already and know the email I am entering is the email my account is under. However, no matter what I try (every troubleshooting option I’ve read or heard), when I attempt to set up this Express 4K+ I don’t receive the activation link.

I’ve tried checking every possible folder and generally searching for the email.

I’ve tried restarting and resetting to factory settings.

I’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in, even tried connecting to my hotspot as opposed to my home WiFi to see if that would work, but no dice.

Does anyone have the answer to this problem?

#RokuExpress4K

0 Kudos
Maxfax1
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Obviously you don't give a **bleep** about your customers. Your email link activation system doesn't work. Just returned my new Roku Express to Amazon. Already have an account, never got the **bleep** email!!! Really BAD activation method. Never using Roku again. Just ordered a different streaming product! Get some customer support!!! There must be 10,000 complaints about the same issue!

0 Kudos

Re: Not receiving activation link for Express 4K+

Jump to solution

Did you figure out how to setup your Roku? I’m having the same issues 

0 Kudos
RandellT1

No activation email received

Jump to solution

I just bought a roku streaming stick plus and after multiple tries no activation email is received. I went into my account and changed the password and received an email confirming the change so I know my email address is good. Is there any way to activate without the email

0 Kudos
BobSherman

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for clarifying the problem. I suspected this and had opened a support case with Roku tech support. In the opening of that case I suggested that this might be the problem and they ignored the suggestion. I can except a lot of things, but deception or dishonesty is not one of them.   And that is exactly the behavior we are seeing from Roku on this issue. I am returning my Roku device to Amazon and will not buy another until I see resolution of this case, in the form of an alteration of functionality to except private email addresses, posted on the Support website.

0 Kudos
Heatherb1991
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried setting up my ROKU 4K+ and when I get to the screen where I enter my email, it send me an activation link and then nothing. I been fighting this for days. I have tried several emails, different WIFI, doing factory resets. This is very frustrating. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Katiehoward @RandellT1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maxfax1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I grudgingly decided to keep my Express - Found I had to use a totally different email!

In my case, I have this weird feeling that the long dead email I opened my Roku account with was somehow still buried, acting as the default validation email.

This, despite regular emails going to the email I update on the old account.

The new email validated right away!

REALLY bad system, REALLY bad, or should I say NO support.

0 Kudos
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Heatherb1991 wrote:

I have tried setting up my ROKU 4K+ and when I get to the screen where I enter my email, it send me an activation link and then nothing. I been fighting this for days. I have tried several emails, different WIFI, doing factory resets. This is very frustrating. Please help!

This should help you.....

I have an update as I have now made more progress and my Roku is now fully activated and working finally. Just in time for the next Formula One Grand Prix. So, I have some feedback and advice for anyone else who say's they do not get the activation email. I use Gmail for all of my email and I kept checking both my Inbox and my Spam folder for this 'Activation email', nothing was appearing. So, the engineer in me after a good night's sleep decided to instead do a search in Gmail to see if I had received anything from Roku and lo and behold there were loads of activation emails, all there waiting to be used. So, can I suggest Roku that as well as saying on the page where you ask for the email address that you also add to do a search for the keyword 'Roku' in their email's and they might just find it.  Mine was not in my inbox, not in my spam folder but somewhere I could not find it and it was only when I did a search for 'Roku' that I found loads of the 'Activation Emails'. So for anyone using GMail/Gmail don't just look in your inbox and spam folder's do a search for the keyword 'Roku' also,....you may be surprised...  

Neil

BEng(Hons) Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran 

'Never a dull moment!!'  

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos