Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cac303
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

What don't you understand? He is getting the same error as everyone else posting here. You put your email in the activation screen, it says that it emailed you an activation link, but the email never comes. 

TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Roku should be ashamed of themselves not getting to root cause and really fix this problem.  I still maintain, after a few failed attempts, return the device for an exchange reporting yours as defective.  This will get Roku's attention and maybe they'll get the right resources on the problem.

Cultech

Jump to solution

How do I send you a pm? My activation email is take hours to arrive. 

Jimmyfrack
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don’t think it will. It been days for me. Roku u suck

0 Kudos
cac303
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

36 hours ago I went to the support channel and created a ticket over this, and was told I would get an email back within 24 hours. I was appalled then that it would take 24 hours to get a brand new consumer device working, but here we are 36 hours later and still no email from support. 

I will probably just return this thing and wait for ROKU to get their act together. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cultech @Jimmyfrack

I do apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cac303

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

Since you were in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cac303
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes. If only they would call or email me back I would love to continue working with them. Unfortunately they gave me a 24 hour response window the two times I contacted them and they never get back to me. 

0 Kudos
cac303
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Three days later and still no hint of a resolution. I finally called back in today, and was told that this is a known issue that is effecting many people. Anyone with a mainstream domain name (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, yahoo, etc) seem to get the activation emails, while people with custom domain names are having problems. No know time to resolution.

Is anyone that is having this problem using Gmail? 

The lack of transparency about this, combined with a complete lack of tools for the support team to manually activate devices is stunning. 

0 Kudos
TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In my case, that is wrong.  I tried an activation twice with <email>@outlook.com and did not receive an email from Roku.   I tried <email>gmail.com and I instantly received the email from Roku.

I did not want to generate a new account, so I did not complete the activation with the gmail account.  About an hour later, I received both activation emails from Roku to my outlook.com account.

I have several Rokus.  This was my first email activation with Roku.  They need to go back to the old method as I never had a problem before....

Good luck with it.  If you get nowhere with Roku, return it as defective for an exchange.  It probably will not solve your problem, but this will certainly get Roku's attention ($$$).

0 Kudos