Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Hi Roku.   I have several activated and working Roku boxes.  I've swapped out an older Roku for a new model and I'm unable to activate it since I do not receive an email link to <me>@outlook.com.

I had a gmail address and that a link was successfully sent.  However, the system thinks I am a new user and wants to create a new account.  I would like to avoid this.

Using a different email address is a workaround.  How can I use my existing account and existing email address to activate a new Roku?

This can get real messy as old Roku devices are swapped out for newer models.  Please advise ASAP.

Robert

0 Kudos
TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

UPDATE!!

About an hour after I received a link from Roku to my gmail account, I received a link to my outlook account.  I was able to successfully link the new Roku to my existing outlook account.

I only got one mail from my previous multiple attempts for an email link.  Hopefully Roku has identified the root cause.

Robert

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TRIAC

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mtcwaln

Jump to solution

Hi I have three Rokus all under one @hotmail.com email address. I just got a Hisense Roku TV and am trying to activate it with my @hotmail.com account. I have tried to send the activation email at least 5 times and have not received it. I've backed out multiple times and input the correct email. I tried to send the email to an @Gmail.com email I have and it showed up immediately, but I do not want to open a new account. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
theonepeter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wont let me activate Roku Streambar Model number 9102X keeps saying "We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working". This isn't my first roku device and have a Roku in the other room that is working just fine and verified it had the same email I'm typing in.  Also tried using alternate email addresses same result. Tried all the trouble shooting methods. Did a factory reset 3 times with the button on the back holding it for 20 seconds. My serial number is 2A109H402982

0 Kudos
TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Re: No activation code comes to my email. Should I return device?

Jump to solution

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday asking for a link to my @outlook account.  The emails eventually arrived in outlook several hours later.  The link worked.

I had tried my gmail account and I received that email immediately (but I did not want to create a new account, so I did not use that link).

Robert

0 Kudos
theonepeter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Over 12 hours later and still nothing. Does Roku even care anymore? Called the support number and they cared more about answering the call fast then actually helping with the problem. 

0 Kudos
chrblack
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

same here, tried several times, no e-mail. Also tried the factory reset. same results

UPDATE: Just called support, and the person I spoke to was as useless as.... well you know the saying. Told me to wait 3 hours, and call back.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @theonepeter

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
theonepeter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey chrblack Roku still hasn't gotten back to me but actually found another thread on the forums here. and the secret to fixing my issue and your issue is really quite simple but Roku doesn't even read their own forums. Its unplugging your modem and router and leaving it off for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. It must have something to do with the IP address assigned to it or something along those lines. 

We're sorry, the email you provided isn't working ... - Roku Community

0 Kudos