Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spikerpup
Level 7

DVD player

I connected a DVD player to my Hitachi Roku TV but it asks me if the player is on. What do I do?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: DVD player

@Spikerpup wrote:

I connected a DVD player to my Hitachi Roku TV but it asks me if the player is on. What do I do?

Are you saying that the TV isn't detecting the DVD player connected to the HDMI port? And you are certain the DVD player is powered on? I use one of my Roku TVs as a computer monitor when I telework, and I will see that message if the computer is in screensaver mode, or I've just powered the computer up. 

And a silly question, but you are certain you've selected the HDMI port that the player is connected to, right? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Spikerpup
Level 7

correct 

certain the DVD was powered and on

certain connected to right hdmi port.

I tried 3 different cords including the one that is working with the cable box. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@Spikerpup wrote:

correct 

certain the DVD was powered and on

certain connected to right hdmi port.

I tried 3 different cords including the one that is working with the cable box. 

Since you've tried different HDMI cables, about the only thing left to try is a different HDMI port on the TV, assuming there's more than one. 

Don't forget to test the DVD player on a different TV, just to make sure it's working correctly as well. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Spikerpup
Level 7

I've tried 3 different ports on the TV.  The DVD player was working with my old TV before it died but I guess that is the only possibility left.

0 Kudos