Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Customer service assistance setting up the device

How to I talk to a real human on the phone?
I am having issues and I followed the instructions and it still isn't working. It's been since Thursday. I have sent numerous emails and no reply.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Customer service

@Maric3 wrote:
How to I talk to a real human on the phone?
I am having issues and I followed the instructions and it still isn't working. It's been since Thursday. I have sent numerous emails and no reply.

If you have searched the web for Roku support, the chances are more than 90% that whatever you found is a scam site. Roku doesn't provide an email support address, and they do not have a toll-free phone number. Both of those are clues of being a scam site.

If someone does reach out to you and ask for payment to "update" or "renew" your Roku account, hang up immediately. They are absolute scammers, as Roku does not charge for support or your Roku account. They also will not ask to connect to your computer to "assist" you. Again, scammers.

Tomorrow during business hours either @RokuTannerD or @RokuDanny-R will be available here on the forum. Send them a private message if there's something specific about your account. Otherwise, please post your problem here and those of us with experience will try to assist, and both Tanner and Danny will help out as much as they can as well. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been in correspondence with "ROKU Support" through more than 30 emails since the end of March, trying to get the replacement for my Streaming Stick+4K & accessories. As there is no phone number on the website & I have already sent back the defective one, I no longer have the serial number to address the concern,

I checked my account & it appears they sent it to me May 6th however it was never received and it has not been addressed in any of the emails. When I try to track it through the link for USPS First Class, I get the "Sorry, page not found/The requested URL was not found on this server." or I keep getting the circle of identifying the problem.

Is there anybody out there that can help resolve this with a phone call or maybe just one more email?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@donnas wrote:

I have been in correspondence with "ROKU Support" through more than 30 emails since the end of March, trying to get the replacement for my Streaming Stick+4K & accessories. As there is no phone number on the website & I have already sent back the defective one, I no longer have the serial number to address the concern,

I checked my account & it appears they sent it to me May 6th however it was never received and it has not been addressed in any of the emails. When I try to track it through the link for USPS First Class, I get the "Sorry, page not found/The requested URL was not found on this server." or I keep getting the circle of identifying the problem.

Is there anybody out there that can help resolve this with a phone call or maybe just one more email?

I would guess that the URL has something that doesn't belong. But the actual tracking number should be within the URL, and perhaps somewhere else in your confirmation email. Find just that number and enter it here on the USPS web site. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It does not give me a tracking number on the account information, just the link for the USPS site, which is what isn't working.

I do have a tracking number for a remote replacement they sent me in April. The remote wasn't the problem, the problem is the stick.

So I now have no Stick, no serial number, and no tracking number.

I got another response to my emails last night from someone named Scott in Customer Support who said that my device has been packed, will be shipped soon  & I should expect delivery in 3-5 days (barring any problems due to Covid.

I will let you know how this saga turns out.

And thank you for at least being a person instead of an automated response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@donnas 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM and provide me with the latest case number along with your Roku account email address regarding your replacement. I will be able to pass it along to our Support team to follow up.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos