Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Country living

I live in the country. I am considering discontinuing my cable service because of high rates. I have internet service. Can I use Roku or Fire Stick get local TV channels??  I am not tech savvy so any advice I would greatly appreciate. Thank you!! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Country living

well, can you get tv if you had an antenna? Some cannot, due to location or local restrictions.

You can pay for a service, like fubo, and get what they offer, you'd have to look at their website. 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Many local TV stations are available on the Internet directly and also on ROKU and Firestick. It depends on where you live. You might want to check the websites of the local stations you watch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@Robb58 wrote:

Many local TV stations are available on the Internet directly and also on ROKU and Firestick. It depends on where you live. You might want to check the websites of the local stations you watch.

yeah,but just news.

most of the money a local station makes is from the news.

also...

it's illegal to stream live local stations unless they can make it so it is only shown in that area.

there is locast,if you live close to one of the cities,but you need to "donate" 5 bucks a month or they boot you out every 15 minutes.

0 Kudos