Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Costs of adding Channels and Premium Services

Jump to solution

Where can I find the cost of adding the various channels or Premium services? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Costs of adding Channels and Premium Services

Jump to solution

@Lithe  Thanks for the note! Each streaming channel/service will provide information about it's own specific pricing, and whether or not it offers a free trial. You can install any channel from 'Streaming channels' on the Roku Home screen, then launch it to learn more about the channel's offerings. 

Within 'The Roku Channel', you can view the available Premium Subscription options individually to see their specific terms and pricing. Once you select a Premium Subscription service tile from one of the options inside The Roku Channel, try hitting the * key on your remote to see more details. 

If you have any questions about streaming channels/services outside 'The Roku Channel', you'll want to contact that channel provider directly if you have any additional questions about terms or pricing.

If you have any further questions about 'Premium Subscriptions' inside 'The Roku Channel', feel free to let us know! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Lithe  Thanks for the note! Each streaming channel/service will provide information about it's own specific pricing, and whether or not it offers a free trial. You can install any channel from 'Streaming channels' on the Roku Home screen, then launch it to learn more about the channel's offerings. 

Within 'The Roku Channel', you can view the available Premium Subscription options individually to see their specific terms and pricing. Once you select a Premium Subscription service tile from one of the options inside The Roku Channel, try hitting the * key on your remote to see more details. 

If you have any questions about streaming channels/services outside 'The Roku Channel', you'll want to contact that channel provider directly if you have any additional questions about terms or pricing.

If you have any further questions about 'Premium Subscriptions' inside 'The Roku Channel', feel free to let us know! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't understand why the pricing can't be stated along with the tile and the description of the channel.  I don't want to be stuck with a service without knowing its cost.  Is this somehow unusual?

0 Kudos