Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Control Roku Stick via laptop

Jump to solution

I need to be able to add channels to a Roku Stick in another state at a beach house rental. We are concerned the a guest might delete say NetFlix, which we leave all logged in to an account. Then the next guest would not be able to watch Netflix if guest 1 has deleted the channel.

TIA, dennis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Control Roku Stick via laptop

Jump to solution

You can add channels via your Roku account web page (https://my.roku.com). But you won't be able to enter the credentials. The best thing I could recommend is to add a PIN that would be required to add or remove a channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

You can add channels via your Roku account web page (https://my.roku.com). But you won't be able to enter the credentials. The best thing I could recommend is to add a PIN that would be required to add or remove a channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

THanks. I looked for a place to add a PIN to Lock the setup, but all I found was the PIN for Parental Control. If you know of a place to lock  the CHANNELS on the Home screen, please share.

thanks dennis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@dheffernan wrote:

THanks. I looked for a place to add a PIN to Lock the setup, but all I found was the PIN for Parental Control. If you know of a place to lock  the CHANNELS on the Home screen, please share.

thanks dennis

I'm pretty sure that's the one. Part of parental control is blocking adding/removing channels. But after a quick search, I'm not certain that it blocks removal. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R could confirm.

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@dheffernan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @atc98092 mentioned, we would recommend using a PIN on your account, as that will prevent unwanted additional channels or charged. However, the PIN will not stop the removal of channels on the device.

For more information about the Roku account PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN (Personal Identification Number) for my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos