Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dheffernan

Control Roku Stick via laptop

Jump to solution

I need to be able to add channels to a Roku Stick in another state at a beach house rental. We are concerned the a guest might delete say NetFlix, which we leave all logged in to an account. Then the next guest would not be able to watch Netflix if guest 1 has deleted the channel.

TIA, dennis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Control Roku Stick via laptop

Jump to solution

You can add channels via your Roku account web page (https://my.roku.com). But you won't be able to enter the credentials. The best thing I could recommend is to add a PIN that would be required to add or remove a channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092

Jump to solution

You can add channels via your Roku account web page (https://my.roku.com). But you won't be able to enter the credentials. The best thing I could recommend is to add a PIN that would be required to add or remove a channel. 

Dan

0 Kudos
dheffernan

Jump to solution

THanks. I looked for a place to add a PIN to Lock the setup, but all I found was the PIN for Parental Control. If you know of a place to lock  the CHANNELS on the Home screen, please share.

thanks dennis

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@dheffernan wrote:

THanks. I looked for a place to add a PIN to Lock the setup, but all I found was the PIN for Parental Control. If you know of a place to lock  the CHANNELS on the Home screen, please share.

thanks dennis

I'm pretty sure that's the one. Part of parental control is blocking adding/removing channels. But after a quick search, I'm not certain that it blocks removal. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R could confirm.

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dheffernan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @atc98092 mentioned, we would recommend using a PIN on your account, as that will prevent unwanted additional channels or charged. However, the PIN will not stop the removal of channels on the device.

For more information about the Roku account PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN (Personal Identification Number) for my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Control Roku Stick through my laptop

Jump to solution

@LilyRTrogdon, what exactly are you trying to do?  I know there's a couple of ways to use your computer as a remote control like Remoku or http://devtools.web.roku.com/RokuRemote/

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@sheilacorvin298 wrote:

Thank you so much. I am also facing the same issue from 1 week and still unable to solve it. Please give me suggestion how to recover my laptop?

As much as we'd like to help, this isn't a support forum for laptops. This thread is two years old, and the Windows app for controlling Roku devices was cancelled, so there is no laptop remote for Roku devices, at least officially from Roku.

Dan

0 Kudos