Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arelys
Reel Rookie

Content not available in Venezuela

Jump to solution

Hello everyone and greetings from Venezuela.

I have many questions regarding the Roku service in my country.

I recently purchased a Roku Express and when I set it up the available content is super limited, looking for information about it I found an article .

The thing is that I am very bad at these technological issues and I end up more confused than at the beginning.

In that sense I would like to know, will the Roku content will be available at some point in time officially in Venezuela? or is it better to buy a device from another television platform for steaming.

Thank you very much for your valuable response.

Happy day to you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Content not available in Venezuela

Jump to solution
CURRENT ROKU SUPPORT REGIONS
North America       Europe           Latin America
Canada (English)    France           Argentina
Canada (Français)   Germany          Brazil
United States       United Kingdom   Chile
                                     Colombia
                                     Costa Rica
                                     El Salvador
                                     Guatemala
                                     Honduras
                                     Mexico
                                     Nicaragua
                                     Panama
                                     Peru

Channel apps on Roku are created, provided and maintained by the channel services themselves. Roku just provides the platform on which they are run.

Channel services may restrict their areas of availability due to regional licensing restrictions for the content they provide, infrastructure limitations on where they can do business, or other concerns.

When a service submits a Roku-compatible version of its channel app to Roku, it is given a checklist of the geographical regions officially supported by Roku and must specify in which of those regions its service is to be available. There also is a "Rest of World" option that may be selected to instruct Roku to make the app available even in areas not specifically supported by Roku. Roku honors these choices and will only make the channel app available where specifically authorized by the service provider.

If a particular channel is available in your region via other platforms but not on Roku, then it's likely the channel has not authorized Roku to enable it in your region. I would suggest you contact the channel about this directly, but don't be surprised if all the front line people at the channel know is the content of their own press releases and do not understand that Roku is following the restrictions placed by their own service when submitting their app to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
CURRENT ROKU SUPPORT REGIONS
North America       Europe           Latin America
Canada (English)    France           Argentina
Canada (Français)   Germany          Brazil
United States       United Kingdom   Chile
                                     Colombia
                                     Costa Rica
                                     El Salvador
                                     Guatemala
                                     Honduras
                                     Mexico
                                     Nicaragua
                                     Panama
                                     Peru

Channel apps on Roku are created, provided and maintained by the channel services themselves. Roku just provides the platform on which they are run.

Channel services may restrict their areas of availability due to regional licensing restrictions for the content they provide, infrastructure limitations on where they can do business, or other concerns.

When a service submits a Roku-compatible version of its channel app to Roku, it is given a checklist of the geographical regions officially supported by Roku and must specify in which of those regions its service is to be available. There also is a "Rest of World" option that may be selected to instruct Roku to make the app available even in areas not specifically supported by Roku. Roku honors these choices and will only make the channel app available where specifically authorized by the service provider.

If a particular channel is available in your region via other platforms but not on Roku, then it's likely the channel has not authorized Roku to enable it in your region. I would suggest you contact the channel about this directly, but don't be surprised if all the front line people at the channel know is the content of their own press releases and do not understand that Roku is following the restrictions placed by their own service when submitting their app to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
arelys
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying, now it is much clearer to me how Roku works.

0 Kudos