Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ste17694

Connection issue. Cannot load programs. Instructed to check connection. Connection checks good.

Jump to solution

Bought my Roku a month ago. It’s never worked. It seems to set up ok but when I go to a channel it tries to load but I get a message telling me it cannot reinstall because it cannot download from the network. Then tells me to check my connection which checks out good. Have 3 other Roku sticks, never encountered this problem before. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Connection issue. Cannot load programs. Instructed to check connection. Connection checks hood.

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version:  Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

5) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

6) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

View solution in original post

Ste17694

Re: Connection issue. Cannot load programs. Instructed to check connection. Connection checks hood.

Jump to solution

Thank you. I tried the factory reset previously and it did not work, however this time it did. I tried all of the other suggestions before the reset without success. This time the final resort factory reset seems to have been successful. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version:  Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

5) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

6) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

Ste17694

Jump to solution

Thank you. I tried the factory reset previously and it did not work, however this time it did. I tried all of the other suggestions before the reset without success. This time the final resort factory reset seems to have been successful. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Youre welcome - glad it worked out, though unfortunately in the worst way possible, since you have to reconfigure the Roku and re-authenticate all the apps.  Hopefully the next firmware update doesnt result in the same issue, or require the same solution.

0 Kudos