Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connecting two devices

i installed a roku on a second tv and did not go here to crosslink the two. Can I connect these two still?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 18

Re: Connecting two devices

Only way to have two roku on the same account is by using the same email address when activating it, if you used a different one you have to factory reset it and use the same email as the first. When connected if you erase a channel or app an one it happens on the other as well. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Arend7 wrote:

i installed a roku on a second tv and did not go here to crosslink the two. Can I connect these two still?

By crosslink, do you mean where both Roku devices have the same channels installed? As @Tivoburkee mentioned, that is done by attaching both Roku devices to the same Roku user account. If they are currently connected to different user accounts, then you must do a factory reset on one of them and link it to the same account the first one uses. There's no way to change their linked account other than a factory reset. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

If you already set up the new Roku on a second account, log in to that account first, find the device there and unlink it; if there is no second account it's linked to, then:

You can log in to your account at https://my.roku.com/account then scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on "Link a Device" and add the link code from the new Roku.

0 Kudos