Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connecting to wifi with no remote and personal hotspot doesn't work

So my charger for my Roku stick broke.  I got a new one and now the remote doesn't work for the roku stick.  I cannot connect to the internet to use the remote app on my phone. I also tried to create a hotspot with my wifi information and that did not work either. And I tried resetting the stick and the repairing with the repair button by the batteries and that did not work.  Can someone please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Connecting to wifi with no remote and personal hotspot doesn't work

You have to get that remote to work or buy a new one.  Make sure you're using new batteries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Me pasa lo mismo, no me funciona el control remoto, quiero agregar el celular como control y me dice que no encuentra la red, cuando quiero agregar la dirección IP manual me dice  que no está conectado.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jamiepwall 

Thanks for the note.

As @renojim mentioned, you will need a remote to setup your device.

Please provide us with the Roku model so we can recommend you the appropriate remote needed for your device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos