Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smithie18
Level 7

Connecting my Roku Streaming Stick+ to my AV system and projector?

Does anyone know how to connect the Roku Streaming Stick+ to an AV system and an Epson projector?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottK1
Level 7

Re: Connecting my Roku Streaming Stick+ to my AV system and projector?

I'm curious if you received any help with this?  I am trying to connect Roku Streaming Stick+ to my Pioneer receiver to play on my Optoma projector and I can't get it to work.  Thanks, Scott

0 Kudos
Flotenspieler
Level 8

Plug it in to an HDMI input on your receiver and see if it works. Many recievers have a USB port to power such a device; mine does. 

0 Kudos
Flotenspieler
Level 8

I have never tried a streaming stick in my home theater system; the streaming sticks always seemed like a nice, convenient plug-and-play option for a wall-mounted TV (I have 3 set up this way) but not really a good idea in a nice A/V system.  I have always used the boxes (Roku XD, then a Roku 3, now a Roku Ultra) in my component rack over the years.  That being said, I don't see why it wouldn't work.  What problem are you having? What receiver are you using? What projector are you using? Are you connecting the USB cord to ensure the streaming stick has power?  I have not had any issues with my SC-63/Epson 8350 passing/displaying HDMI signals or decoding audio from Roku products.   

0 Kudos