Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RLMSr
Level 7

Connecting issue to a 2005 Durabrand TV

Jump to solution

I was able to use the Roku Express Plus when I got it in 2017 and haven't used in in awhile. It has been connected to the TV, but nothing is happening except for the white light blinking on the Roku device. I forget what the TV has to be set on to receive the signal from the Roku to the TV. I set the TV on Game, channel 3, channel 4, and still nothing is happening. What am I missing or doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Level 10

Re: Connecting issue to a 2005 Durabrand TV

Jump to solution

Do you have an input called video 1, video 2, or composite?  Roku is likely connected to that input.  Input may be called source on the TV remote.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HDMIGuy
Level 10

Jump to solution

Do you have an input called video 1, video 2, or composite?  Roku is likely connected to that input.  Input may be called source on the TV remote.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RLMSr
Level 7

Jump to solution

The only thing on the TV remote is the Power, Game, Sleep, Display, Channel Return, Menu, Mute, the number buttons, channel up/down and vol up/down. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If this tv only has a f-type coax terminal, you can't connect the roku to it without an outboard device. That's if the express+ has rca output, then you would need RF modulator to change the rca to coax and then you would use ch 3 or 4. If the express+ only has hdmi cable, then you need separate device that changes the hdmi to coax. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RLMSr
Level 7

Jump to solution

After pressing the game button it started working again. It was a very long time since I used the Roku with the TV. I had to remember how it worked. You helped me to think about it again. Thanks.

0 Kudos