Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connect roku2xs to Samsung TV using RCA plugs

TV is printed B&W; not color coded. Same problem connecting Samsung DVD player to TV
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Connect roku2xs to Samsung TV using RCA plugs

@rwendling70 wrote:
TV is printed B&W; not color coded. Same problem connecting Samsung DVD player to TV

Do you have the TV's model number? Perhaps we can look up the users manual online. 

When connecting analog cables, there are three connections. One is the video signal, usually with a yellow connector. The other two are audio left (red I believe) and audio right (white, unless I have these two backwards). You can't hurt anything plugging them in wrong, as the worst that would happen is left sounds coming out of the right speaker. 

I honestly don't think you can hurt anything plugging them in and seeing what happens. Start with the yellow video cable, make sure the TV input is set to the jacks you are using, and then just plug it in to each jack until you get a picture. Of course, the Roku/BD player must be turned on so it's sending out a signal. Once you get video on the screen, you know the other two are your audio inputs. Just plug them both in and play something that might have some obvious left/right sounds. If they are coming out the wrong speakers, just switch the red and white connectors. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos